List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage II

POD: Gender swap of Louis of France and Anne of Brittany's children.

King Louis XII (1462-1515) m. Anne, Duchess of Brittany (1477-1514)

1. King Claude I "the Ugly" "the Hunchback" "the Good" "the Knight-King" "the Golden" (1499-1564) m. Eleanor of Austria (1498-1558).
1. Dauphin Louis (1518-1521).​
2. Dauphin Francois of France (1519-1559) m. Catherine of England (1518-1558).​
3. Princess Marie (1520-1524).​
4. Princess Charles, Duke of Berry (1522-1544) m. Anne of Lorraine (1522-1568)​
5. Princess Anne (1523-1574) m. King James IV (1512-1542).​
6. Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou (1525-1557).​
7. Princess Claude Eleanor (1531-1577).​
2. Francois, Duke of Orleans and Brittany "The Heretic" (1510-1574) m. Isabella of Navarre (1512-1560).
1. Anne (1531-1607).​
2. Claude, Duke of Orleans and Brittany (1533-1597).​
3. Francois (1535-1598).​
4. Isabel (1537-1581).​
5. Louis (1538-1586).​
Claude's enemies love to deride him for his appearance but once he ascended the throne, he proved himself to be a capable and good ruler. The only blight on his reign was him turning a blind eye to his brother's rising Calvinist leanings which caused the TL wars of religion after his death. His grandson, Claude, was less tolerant. His daughter in law is either the OTL stillborn daughter of Katherine and Henry or the youngest daughter of KOA and Arthur, you decided.​
Male Claude will be Charles IX of France. Anne of Lorraine is unlikely to exist here and male Renee is unlikely to have Protestant leanings as that OTL was most likely caused by the influence of Marguerite d’Angouleme.

The Orleans part was an oversight. As for Isabel and Anne, they are different versions of them, not the same partenting but still children of their respective fathers.
You will dio better to change Anne’s birth year in both trees and Isabel will be Elizabeth here (no reason to use the OTL spelling if her mother is not Bona)

Male Claude will be Charles IX of France. Anne of Lorraine is unlikely to exist here and male Renee is unlikely to have Protestant leanings as that OTL was most likely caused by the influence of Marguerite d’Angouleme.
I figured Anne would name her child after the saint regardless of the gender. As for male Renee, it wouldn't be impossible for him to learn it from somewhere else. I will take what you said about Anne and Isabel (I assumed that was the Poland variation) in consideration.

I figured Anne would name her child after the saint regardless of the gender. As for male Renee, it wouldn't be impossible for him to learn it from somewhere else. I will take what you said about Anne and Isabel (I assumed that was the Poland variation) in consideration.
Anne had some leverage for the daughters and for an eventual second son but I can not see Louis accepting to not name his firstborn son after his father (or himself).
Male Renee would have no reason for getting and applying that leanings as he would be raised mostly in Brittany. Isabella was named for Bona’s mother, Sigismund’s mother and his sisters (he had three with that name as two died young) all used the Elizabeth (polish spelling is Elżbieta) variant.

keeping tracks of all the direct consequences and possible variations is never easy… I also often overlook things in the trees

"The Other Cleves Girl"

Henry VIII m. 1540 Amalia of Cleves
1) William b. 1541 m. Jane Grey
2) Henry b. 1542 m. Mary Queen of Scots
Is William’s marriage to Jane grey a love match/elopement? That’s the only way I could see it going through. Far likelier that William marries Mary, Queen of Scots while Henry gets some domestic heiress (Jane grey is probably too old for him tho)

Matilda, mother of France and Germany

Matilda of England m. Henry V d. 1125(a) Geoffrey V of Anjou(b)

1a. Bertha b. 1122 m. Frederick of Swabia

2a. Henry VI b. 1124 m. Matilda of England[1]

3b. Matilda b. 1133 m. Eustace I of England[1]

4b. Geoffrey VI of Anjou b. 1134 m. Elizabeth of Vermandois

5b. William b. 1136 m. Maria, Duchess of Aquitaine[2]

1. Children of King Stephen, Stephen renounces Burgundy-Arles in exchange for Matilda renouncing England.

1.Eldest Daughter of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII, Eleanor of Aquitaine dies after giving birth to Alix of France in 1150.

Last edited:
"The Other Cleves Girl"

Henry VIII m. 1540 Amalia of Cleves
1) William b. 1541 m. Jane Grey
2) Henry b. 1542 m. Mary Queen of Scots
My version of this:

Henry 1540 Amalia of Cleves (b.1517)

1) William, Duke of York (b.1540) m. Mary Queen of Scots (b.1542)
2) Charles, Duke of Richmond (b.1541) m. Lady Katherine Grey (b.1540)
3) Jane (b.1542) m. Albert of Saxony (b.1545) [1]

[1] Butterflies keep this Saxon prince alive.

Better @HortenseMancini ?