The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Just got this result in the McGovern mod 1992 normal difficulty... how I don't know.
Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 13-25-20 The New Campaign Trail - A Revamped Presidential Election Game.png

Got this ending in Nixon 1972: Peace With Honor:
George McGovern said:
To President Nixon’s family, President and Senator Dole, and President Cuomo: We are here today to celebrate an extraordinary man. Richard Nixon truly embodied our American values, particularly in defending our allies around the world. I am deeply touched to see just how many of them are gathered here today. General Pinochet, President Somoza, President Marcos, General Suharto, Prime Minister Ian Smith, and Prime Minister Papadopoulos, I thank you.
You get it by
going full socdem as Nixon, taking pacifist options whenever possible, and admitting that you did a bunch of dirty tricks AFTER ratfucking the Dem nomination race.

You get it by
going full socdem as Nixon, taking pacifist options whenever possible, and admitting that you did a bunch of dirty tricks AFTER ratfucking the Dem nomination race.
Going socdem isn't necessary. All you need to do is hanky-panky, meeting China, ratfucking, admitting to dirty tricks, then finally losing. You can create a police state and roll back all sorts of social programs, and you'll get the same ending.

Warren Harding rolls 'worst campaign ever', asked to leave Washington.

View attachment 856191
View attachment 856192
1920 has been an interesting game, my only complaint is that if that I wish you could still pick vice presidential candidates even if you failed to get Harding or Cox the nomination.
Hell allow the presidential candidate you choose to play be an option for vice president if you failed to win the primary

dcharles

Banned
These have to be some of my all time favorite results:
53202382204_0541397689_c.jpg

53202294383_3f7b2d43f1_c.jpg

This was an utterly cynical campaign. I chose the "Lexiteer" option, making the case that the EU stood for austerity, and walking a fine line between paying lip service to hard Brexit and gestures toward a soft Brexit. While this lost me Scotland and boosted the Lib-Dems tremendously, it helped me lock down the North. I relentlessly hammered the Tories on national security and austerity, in that order. It was enough to depress Tory turnout from OTL, redounding to the benefit of Ukip and the Lib-Dems, who were respectively up by about 400k and a million votes over OTL. Although I lost about 200k votes over OTL (-.9%), the Tories were a million votes weaker (-3.8%), and the Lib-Dems were competitive in so many districts that I was able to win the plurality of votes and seats, a +24 over OTL.

Last edited:
1920 has been an interesting game, my only complaint is that if that I wish you could still pick vice presidential candidates even if you failed to get Harding or Cox the nomination.
Hell allow the presidential candidate you choose to play be an option for vice president if you failed to win the primary
Sorry if intruding on a thread like this isn't allowed - but I did consider giving each alternate nominee a set of running mates. Ultimately, I decided that the changes in effects each running mate had would be minimal, and giving a list of running mates may take away from the purpose of having said alternate nominees - which is that 1920 was going to be a blowout unless one of the parties did something very drastic.

By the way, anyone here get
the Bryan or Wilson routes
yet?

Sorry if intruding on a thread like this isn't allowed - but I did consider giving each alternate nominee a set of running mates. Ultimately, I decided that the changes in effects each running mate had would be minimal, and giving a list of running mates may take away from the purpose of having said alternate nominees - which is that 1920 was going to be a blowout unless one of the parties did something very drastic.

By the way, anyone here get
the Bryan or Wilson routes
yet?
Yes, I did.

NEW CAMPAIGN TRAIL​

"Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream."
dREpxYp.jpg

Oh…. Oh Dear God, Alfred! You have won the 1936 election in an incredible upset!​

All the way back in July, when you were given the nomination, victory seemed all but impossible. You were a little known Governor going up against a very popular incumbent who was recovering the economy. Pollsters had you winning only Vermont, Maine and maybe New Hampshire. Whatever the hell you did to close the gap, it has clearly worked, and you’ve left a nation speechless. Your supporters are ecstatic, and have taken to the streets to celebrate. Franklin D. Roosevelt calls to concede, and the Democratic Party is baffled that they somehow lost the White House to some newcomer Governor from Kansas.
On the governing front, it seems that Democrats still have heavy control of both chambers, so you’ll be working with a divided government for at least the next two years, and likely more to come. Regardless, sit back and relax, knowing that you’ve pulled off the greatest upset in American History! Congratulations, President-Elect Landon, and best of luck, because you’re gonna sure as hell need it!

Difficulty Multiplier: 1.3

CandidatesEVPop VotePop Vote %
Alfred Landon26819,167,63447.9%
Franklin Roosevelt26319,820,80949.5%
William Lemke0782,4672.0%
Other Candidates0261,4430.7%
genusmap.php

The election was decided by Landon winning Kentucky (11 ev) by 60 votes & Wyoming (3 ev) by 23 votes.

NEW CAMPAIGN TRAIL​

"Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream."
dREpxYp.jpg

Oh…. Oh Dear God, Alfred! You have won the 1936 election in an incredible upset!​

All the way back in July, when you were given the nomination, victory seemed all but impossible. You were a little known Governor going up against a very popular incumbent who was recovering the economy. Pollsters had you winning only Vermont, Maine and maybe New Hampshire. Whatever the hell you did to close the gap, it has clearly worked, and you’ve left a nation speechless. Your supporters are ecstatic, and have taken to the streets to celebrate. Franklin D. Roosevelt calls to concede, and the Democratic Party is baffled that they somehow lost the White House to some newcomer Governor from Kansas.
On the governing front, it seems that Democrats still have heavy control of both chambers, so you’ll be working with a divided government for at least the next two years, and likely more to come. Regardless, sit back and relax, knowing that you’ve pulled off the greatest upset in American History! Congratulations, President-Elect Landon, and best of luck, because you’re gonna sure as hell need it!

Difficulty Multiplier: 1.3

CandidatesEVPop VotePop Vote %
Alfred Landon26819,167,63447.9%
Franklin Roosevelt26319,820,80949.5%
William Lemke0782,4672.0%
Other Candidates0261,4430.7%
genusmap.php

The election was decided by Landon winning Kentucky (11 ev) by 60 votes & Wyoming (3 ev) by 23 votes.
Is this on the original version of the mod or the Director's Cut?